Vet Radar system requirements
We’re cloud based – there are no onsite servers to support, and our support superstars are here to help you 24x7. The system requirements give information about the minimum and recommended technology to correctly use Vet Radar.
The system requirements:
- Make sure that Vet Radar has the best performance
- Make sure that your site does not have problems after go-live
Note: Before you buy devices, Vet Radar customer support recommends that you do a test of the Vet Radar software on one device. The tests can help make sure that Vet Radar has good performance with the device.
Recommended internet connection
Your organization must have a good internet connection. Before your organization uses Vet Radar, speak to Vet Radar customer support:
- If your internet connection is intermittent
- If the loading times of your web pages are slow
- If your download speed is less than 5 Mbps
Tip: To measure your download speed, refer to www.speedtest.net.
The recommended download speed depends on your organization site:
- Small (less than 20 staff): 20 Mbps
- Large (more than 100 staff): 50 Mbps minimum
Vet Radar customer support recommends that you use Vet Radar with Google Chrome.
If necessary, you can use Vet Radar with other browsers (for example, Firefox and Safari).
Note: To use Vet Radar with a large display, you must use Google Chrome.
Vet Radar is compatible with phones that use Android or Apple iOS.
Make sure you use a high quality phone that:
- Has a minimum of 2 GB RAM
- Has a minimum 32 GB of disk space
Vet Radar is compatible with:
- Android tablets
- Apple iPad
If you use an Android tablet, make sure that it has a minimum operating system of Android 8 (Oreo).
If you use an iPad, make sure that it has a new version of iOS.
Vet Radar customer support recommends that you use a tablet that has a camera and a protective case.
Make sure that the tablet has a minimum battery life of eight hours.
The recommended hardware specifications are:
- Screen: 10 inches (minimum), 1920 × 1200 resolution (minimum)
- Processor: Quad-core, 2 GHz (minimum)
- RAM: 3GB (minimum)
- Disk space: 32GB
Recommended large displays
Vet Radar customer support recommends that you use a large display for the Vet Radar whiteboard. The large display makes it easy for staff to see the whiteboard. Use a large display that has high quality and a minimum Full HD resolution.
You must connect the large display to a device that has Google Chrome installed. Make sure that the large display and the device that you connect have a compatible video interface. For example, if the device uses an HDMI connection for video, make sure that the large display has an HDMI port.
As an alternative to a large display, you can use a smart TV that has Chrome installed. Thus, it is not necessary to connect the smart TV to a different device that has Chrome installed. Make sure that you use a smart TV that has high quality and a minimum Full HD resolution.
Note: Only use Google Chrome with the smart TV. Do not use a different web browser. For example, do not use a smart TV with Samsung Internet.
Recommended device for the large display
The device that you use to connect to the large display:
- Must have Google Chrome installed
- Must have a compatible video interface
Examples of devices that you can use with the large display include:
- Small devices that use Microsoft Windows 10 and Chrome (for example, an Intel NUC)
- General computers with an operating system that is compatible with Chrome
- Devices that use Google Chrome OS (for example, an ASUS Chromebit CS10)
- A Chromecast
Note: If you use a smart TV that has Google Chrome installed, it is not necessary to use a dedicated device that has Chrome.
The minimum hardware specifications for the device are:
- Processor: Quad-core processor
- Memory: 2 GB
- Drive: 16 GB solid-state drive (SSD)